Black Women Asian Men United

To support, encourage, & promote interaction between Asian Men & Black Women.

I am a socially awkward penguin, and I tend to worry a lot. That means that I have *ahem* anxiety issues that manifest themselves in a variety of ways. The issue du jour is that I get horrible stomach pains if I'm stressed out. I mentioned it to my friends and they all told me the very many different ways in which stress affects them: some get sick, some can't sleep, some can't stay awake, some can't eat, others eat a lot, etc etc

Because misery loves company I'm curious about how stress affects other people, I'd like to hear how everyone deals with stressful situations? Do you become an invalid, or are you the sort of demigod person who is unaffected by stressful situation? I envy you for your steely nature if you are the latter.  

Views: 420

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can also research about the "Mozart Affect" too.. that is another study as well for people who listen to Mozart besides just any piano music.

I go to the gym and workout doing cardio or lift weights for 40 minutes to an hour+

makes me forget whatever I'm stressing or worrying about and just focus on the workout.

Doing cardio also releases endorphins which is like a natural stress reliever

I agree.  Working out at the gym will take your mind off from stress.  When i was going through stress a few months ago,  I forced myself to go to gym to sweat myself off, push my limits on weight training (a bit of supplements intake would help motivating). 

That way, you'll feel better about yourself.  That kept in mind, you gotta occupy yourself with some sort of activities.  When i was not working out, I just find some small hobbies to keep myself busy, such as video games, reading some online articles, wash my car (lol), and maybe find some friends to hang out with.  I actually managed to get myself up to not worry about what's in the past or what not.  Just my 2 cents.

How are you able to do that when your stressed? I can not even focus while doing that when I am stressed. I tried to do that once when I was super excited but became so frustrated because I was stressed out. Talk about torture ha ha, and I did not have music with me to relax either. (facepalm)

lool interesting answer....the "M" word.

that's exactly why i dance every day

I don't really stress but if I feel any tension I usually dance or workout

It depends on how stressful I feel. If its the regular daily stress, I would just watch anime, take myself out for some nice food, and sleep early. If I was depressed and surrounded by stress that I couldn't deal with, I would have to go out and talk with people. Bottling them up only makes it worse, I have to let them all out, either talking with friends and family, or with a counselor. 

When I am stressed I take mydog for a walk or go to the lake and mediate 

Music
Spliff
Walk

Usually, the three together... and best on an autumn day when the foliage is lush and rich with the bright colours

or on a boat drifting through the marshlands.

RSS

Our Mission (Tenative)

***To support, encourage, & promote interaction between Asian Men & Black Women.

***To be tolerant of all views of all members on this site.m (Suffering and disagreements are part of life people.)

***Respect all religious, spiritual, and agnostic views of it's members.

***To be more accepting than exclusive, yet hold the right to remove those that harm others.

*Freedom of speech, thought, and heart are placed highly...as if they are based on the foundation of truth and don't injure others (in the defined form of physical, proprietorial, or financial harm). Debate, heated or otherwise are allowed, for it is the persons involved that must deal with the emotional or mental "suffering," if any.

****P.S. Learn how to take a joke, and identify the intent of the people which you are talking to.  You are responsible for yourself, your own responses, reactions, and giving power to yourself and others over you.  Be accountable, don't play victim all the time.  These are still people, some people are up front, others hide behind their profiles.  Don't make personal issues site issues, if you take off your clothes on skype or in real life and bicker about it on Bwamu...guess what, it's a personal issue.  Grow up.

***All that is needed for membership is the support of the movement, and active participation by all!

Administrators:

If you would like to see certain changes or want to try out to be an admin...write out in bullet text what can be changed, policies, and or site enhancements.  Then write a short essay on what you think the site mission is and how we get there.

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by V...Catchy Cool Username.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service