Black Women Asian Men United

To support, encourage, & promote interaction between Asian Men & Black Women.

Is this a Do or a Don't?

Life is too short and I know that by taking a chance you might just end up with your Happily Ever After, hey you never know. But I had a situation today at the gym. This Asian guy and I have been eye balling each other for weeks and we just happened to walk in the gym at the same time together. Me feeling a little confident today (PLUS it was pre-sweating :) I said, "Hi I see you here a lot" (Yes I know that line was lame but it was all I could think of at the time lol). He said, "I notice you here a  lot too, I like your smile." I replied, "Thank you" but than the unthinkable happened, he said, "If I was into black women I would have asked you out." Imagine a cartoon character with a gun in their hand, putting it up to their head and pulling the trigger, yup that's how I felt at the time. After I quickly picked up my ego, pride and confidence off of the floor, I nicely smiled at him and said, "Thanks, I hope you have a good work out."  He kindly replied, "You too." Than I went to the locker room to hide out for a moment before getting my work out on.

I JUST got off of the phone with one of my female friends, who happens to date interracially and her opinion is that a woman should NEVER approach a man, ever. She asked me if he hadn't said that last line would I have asked him out, and to be honest, I really don't know. So I wanted to get feedback from my AMBW Family, is it okay for a Black Female to just ask an Asian man out? Thoughts, comments, rejection stories (jk) all are welcomed, thanks.

Views: 734

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks your comment has made my day. :*)

Please do because I'm shy...painfully shy and I stumble over my words.

If it means anything, I like avocados.

Why would your friennd think like that. If youre attracted to this guy you should go for it could end up to be the start of something amazing..

ouch, that hurt

I think its nothing wrong with it, I think Black Women should ask an Asian man out

I mean I wouldn't and that's only because I'm scared to ask any guy out, I have always waited until the guy said something to me. So yeah I'm like the one that will smile at you say hi and then yeah nothing lol, but will pass by you again just to see if I could say more than hi and yeah no lol.

okay funny story was with my sisters at the airport, they know that I'm into Asian men, so they be trying to help a sister out and stuff lol. Anyway there was this very smooth looking Asian guy leaning on his car  in front of our rental. So my sisters were like go talk to him, and as we were passing by to get in the car  I said nothing but a nod. My sisters stopped and asked the guy if he smoked, by this time I was like pulling on the door to get in but it was locked and she would not push the button to unlock it, my baby sister said I looked like I had stole something trying to get in the car lol. So my other sister the older one with no filter on her mouth starts asking the guy questions...... like where you from? do you like black women? what do you do? Then my baby sister jumps in the convo and ask what kind of music you like? why you at the airport? what kind of food do you eat? do you like soul food? I'm in the car by this time hiding wit the windows down tho. They all start  laughing and talking about different thing and then my name is brought up, I can here my sis tell him that "my other sister who ran in the car she would like you and she is into a guy like you" I can feel my ears get heated up, in the back of my head I'm like I can do this I can do this lol yeah...um no. Do you know what my dumb but did you would have thought I lost it that I needed a straight jacket. My 3yr old nephew was with us as well so when my sister called for me to come over and talk to him I started to sing the frozen song out loud....with my nephew....oh with a dance...frozen song out loud yeah I couldn't think of what to do and it seemed like I got louder and louder and my body was twirling and waving. But my nephew had a ball as he laughed his but off and said " you crazy aunt rara"..yes I am yep, the shame on my face on the ride home. That was a year ago, never again.

RSS

Our Mission (Tenative)

***To support, encourage, & promote interaction between Asian Men & Black Women.

***To be tolerant of all views of all members on this site.m (Suffering and disagreements are part of life people.)

***Respect all religious, spiritual, and agnostic views of it's members.

***To be more accepting than exclusive, yet hold the right to remove those that harm others.

*Freedom of speech, thought, and heart are placed highly...as if they are based on the foundation of truth and don't injure others (in the defined form of physical, proprietorial, or financial harm). Debate, heated or otherwise are allowed, for it is the persons involved that must deal with the emotional or mental "suffering," if any.

****P.S. Learn how to take a joke, and identify the intent of the people which you are talking to.  You are responsible for yourself, your own responses, reactions, and giving power to yourself and others over you.  Be accountable, don't play victim all the time.  These are still people, some people are up front, others hide behind their profiles.  Don't make personal issues site issues, if you take off your clothes on skype or in real life and bicker about it on Bwamu...guess what, it's a personal issue.  Grow up.

***All that is needed for membership is the support of the movement, and active participation by all!

Administrators:

If you would like to see certain changes or want to try out to be an admin...write out in bullet text what can be changed, policies, and or site enhancements.  Then write a short essay on what you think the site mission is and how we get there.

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by V...Catchy Cool Username.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service