Black Women Asian Men United

To support, encourage, & promote interaction between Asian Men & Black Women.

If you're an active gym member of any facility, what workout do you do at the gym?

What type are you? (I'm def. 5 & 3, but also 1 but only when I dance in zumba class, lol)

1) The Elitist You don’t think so, but you’re a bit of a gym snob. You think you own a certain spot on the dance floor, a certain machine—and you don’t like when others get in your way. Especially when they can’t keep up. You are a class show off and don’t want anybody underestimating your strength or capabilities. You want instructors, employees—everybody, to watch you work.

2) The One Who Came To Be Seen You came to the gym in a pair of casual sneakers with no kind of support, and you don’t really have a plan—other than to scope the scene for some good-looking members and have them see you. Who says you can’t find love in the club? Fitness club that is.

3) The “I Did Too Much” Member You went out and had drinks or dinner with friends one too many times during the week, and now you’re regretting the way it’s making you feel. You know, as though you put on 10 pounds overnight. So you decide to get your salad, get your life together, and go hard in the gym ASAP.

4) The Weight Room Fanatic You want to take part in competitions, or maybe, you just want to get some more muscle so you can look like a body double for Serena Williams. You’re not afraid to throw yourself into the frenzy of all the guys lifting weights because no worries, you can hold your own (and bench more than most of ‘em).

5) The Member With Set Goals You came with a plan and you do NOT play. You are in the gym for at least 45 minutes but sometimes stick around for more than 90 minutes. You have crop tops and jeans from college to fit in again sooner than later.

6) The “I Just Came So I Don’t Waste Money” Member You come every once in a blue moon. You obtained your membership a long time ago but get billed monthly for services you don’t utilize. But every now and again, you’ll show up to get a little bit of your membership money’s worth, and then it’s back to Netflix and Doritos.

7) The Machine Hog “Oh, I’m going back and forth with this.” That’s the go-to line of the person who likes to act like a certain set of weights or that Stairmaster machine in the corner you would like to get on sometime soon is their personal possession. You watch episode after episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians reruns on the treadmill during busy hours and just don’t know how to share. Rude, much?

8) The Pseudo Trainer You have no real certifications or qualifications to give the unsolicited advice you offer, but alas, there you are, telling people the “right” way to do a squat. The best way to do the steps in that Zumba class (even though they’re in the back with you). The right posture to do a deadlift. And yet, all they really want to say in response is “Thanks, but no thanks.”

9) The Chatty Cathy Your eyes meet with theirs for one second after yoga class and next thing you know, you always have something to say. You want to tell them why a certain move is so hard, why you’re struggling with your combination lock, and just think you’re their go-to gym buddy.

http://madamenoire.com/697850/gym-rat-which-one/

Views: 22

Replies to This Discussion

Same for me. I am definitely, more of a mix of 3&5, especially since I just started going to the gym again.
I try to avoid 3, don't want all my hard work to go to waste all in one night lol 

I don't like to talk at the gym because I need to focus. And I always go alone, for that purpose. So I try to avoid 9, but sometimes it can't be avoided haha

I'm a little bit of 7. I have certain machines I like to frequent, take my time on, and keep in my routine, but I know sharing is caring lol

RSS

Our Mission (Tenative)

***To support, encourage, & promote interaction between Asian Men & Black Women.

***To be tolerant of all views of all members on this site.m (Suffering and disagreements are part of life people.)

***Respect all religious, spiritual, and agnostic views of it's members.

***To be more accepting than exclusive, yet hold the right to remove those that harm others.

*Freedom of speech, thought, and heart are placed highly...as if they are based on the foundation of truth and don't injure others (in the defined form of physical, proprietorial, or financial harm). Debate, heated or otherwise are allowed, for it is the persons involved that must deal with the emotional or mental "suffering," if any.

****P.S. Learn how to take a joke, and identify the intent of the people which you are talking to.  You are responsible for yourself, your own responses, reactions, and giving power to yourself and others over you.  Be accountable, don't play victim all the time.  These are still people, some people are up front, others hide behind their profiles.  Don't make personal issues site issues, if you take off your clothes on skype or in real life and bicker about it on Bwamu...guess what, it's a personal issue.  Grow up.

***All that is needed for membership is the support of the movement, and active participation by all!

Administrators:

If you would like to see certain changes or want to try out to be an admin...write out in bullet text what can be changed, policies, and or site enhancements.  Then write a short essay on what you think the site mission is and how we get there.

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by V...Catchy Cool Username.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service